Online MPH Programs
A comprehensive directory of online Master of Public Health (MPH) programs
We have compiled this extensive directory of online MPA degrees to help potential master of public health students pinpoint the best programs for their needs. While it might suit US-based students to enroll at universities or schools located in their home state, a large number of the institutions featured in the directory have an international focus that caters to a much wider audience. Similarly, MPH degree programs are very varied both in terms of concentrations and the career opportunities they afford. Most of the programs are accredited by the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH).
|Top Nationally Accredited MPH Programs|
|George Washington University||Top-Ranked Program with Multiple Focus Areas*|
|Johns Hopkins University||Top-Ranked MPH Programs|
|Emory University||Top-Ranked Program with Multiple Concentrations|
|* Click here to learn more about broad spectrum focus area programs vs concentrations|
What this means is that our comprehensive MPH program directory offers opportunities for anybody looking to follow a career or improve their career potential, in the realm of public health.
While the programs included in the directory are all MPH programs that are available online or as a hybrid (on campus and online courses), resources differ, as do the possibilities for specialization. Some programs are geared towards a core concentration that focuses simply on public health as a foundation for those wanting to break into the field, while others have been designed to suit much more specific professional needs, and lead to a specialized terminal degree.
What Online MPH Programs Offer
Choosing a New Career Path in Public Health
Traditional on-campus MPH degrees are designed to incorporate the core areas of general public health, and the online MPH programs we feature are too. These core areas are:
- Biostatistics and Informatics which applies statistics to biology, including medicine and health
- Epidemiology that studies the cause and effect of disease and bad health
- Environmental Health that focuses on how the environment affects our health and what we can do to rectify it
- Health Policy and Management which takes public health into a largely governmental arena
- Behavioral and Social Science which explore human behavior in relation to health and other related issues
- Community Health that prepares for roles in administration of public health policy and procedure
- Global Health which focuses on developing countries around the world
- Health Promotion and Education preparing student to teach public health practice domestically and around the world
- Maternal and Child Health which is the study of women and children’s specific health needs
- Minority Health and Health Disparities which is the study of public health needs of minority populations
The requirements for enrollment into the universities and schools in the directory also vary. For instance, many schools have programs that will only admit bachelors graduates (in line with accreditation by the CEPH), or sometimes only those who are already studying towards a doctoral degree. Some, but not all, have a minimum grade point average (GPA) and other standardized test score requirements.
Because there are so many variables, we enable students preparing to enroll for an MPH online with the opportunity to search for suitable programs by location, by program, and/or by concentration. We have thoroughly researched the best institutions and provide invaluable information on each of them to help students make the right choice when it comes to the public health programs.